An artist agent is any professional who works on behalf of an artist to represent, promote, and sell their work.
People seek out artist representation for a wide variety of reasons, aside from simply wanting to find a larger audience for their work. Here’s a few of the other services an art agent could potentially provide:
- Negotiating for better contracts and increased pay
- Scouting out potential sponsors or buyers
- Supplying industry contacts
- Safeguarding your privacy by acting as a go-between between you and professional contacts
- Planning and executing marketing strategies